Seiten

28. März 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch-Balls and a Happy Easter!


Pssst. It’s me. The Easter Rabbit. I bring you handmade Easter Crunch-Balls this year. Excited? You better should. Because these Crunch-Balls have peanut butter in them.
Nobody can resist the smell and taste of peanut butter, right?!
Pair it with chocolate and we have unbelievable good things going on with your taste buds. Oh yeah.

I have been a bit short of healthy treats for a while now  and the peanut butter jar had been emptied weeks ago. I do not know how things like that happen.
But I stop moaning now because the times of peanut butter shortness in my house are over! And I made the best Easter treats a boyfriend could ask for. And if not, I will be there for a rescue. Trust me, those won’t last long when I am around.
I really have a close relationship to peanut butter and let’s not talk about chocolate here. Let’s just say they are good buddies you can rely on when in a baking rut.
Life is also pretty amazing this time of the year, think of crocuses shooting out of nowhere, making the still wintery scenery looking so alive. It always amazes me how strong and stubborn those little guys are. Their yellow and purple blossoms make me smile and excited for summer.
Since life outside is getting back to life, so do we. And to not ruin your energy levels and overall health with  a sugar overload around Easter, go make these Crunch-Balls for yourself or your loved ones. They are indulgent and filling at the same time, thanks to the nut butter, almonds and dried fruit. Healthy portion of fiber anyone?
If you are not as big of a peanut butter fan as I am, or simply want to replace it by a “more “ nutritious nut butter go ahead! I guess every other butter will be equally delicious.




Ingredients (Makes 12 balls):

½ cup (75g) almonds, divided
½ cup (80g) dried, pitted dates
¼ cup (70g) creamy peanut butter (mine was salted)
Seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean
1 Tbsp liquid sweetener (I used “Apfelsüße”, e.g. apple syrup)

85g good quality dark chocolate, melted
1 tsp coconut oil

In a food processor, process almonds until crumbly. Remove and set aside.
Add dates to the food processor and process until a sticky ball forms. Keep on processing while adding peanut butter, vanilla, ¼ cup (30g) of the ground almonds, and 1 Tbsp liquid sweetener.
Mix until well combined.
Roll dough into small balls and put into the fridge for 15 minutes.
In the meantime melt chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil.
Coat the balls with chocolate and put into the fridge for approx. 10 minutes. The chocolate should have slightly hardend but not completely. Roll balls in the remaining ground almonds for garnish.
Store balls in the fridge.




                                                                  Happy Easter to you all!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen